Crop signatures and other drawings from paper forms
May 17, 2012 by Andrea Spillmann
Captricity is great for extracting data into spreadsheets, but some forms have a signature or drawing that you'd like to crop out as images. For example, you might want a signature from a consent form or a diagram from a medical record.
Captricity can help! Here's how it could work if, for example, a dentist wants data from her forms as well as the images of the teeth:
- She draws a box around each data field and image field on her form
- For the image fields, she specifies that it is a "select-one" data type, with a single choice, "There are marks on the diagram".
- She uploads scans of her completed patient forms and runs the job as usual.
- When the job is completed, she finds each image fields represented as a column in the results page. To see the original image, she clicks the cell (see picture below).
- She can then right-click to save that image.
This technique can be used for signatures, images, drawings, or even long passages of free-form text.